Fresh summer veggies are a must on my dinner menu right now and this veggie pasta was a perfect hit. I'm a fan of any dinner idea that includes ingredients we regularly have in house and takes less than 30 minutes to make. I hope you enjoy!
- 8 oz whole-wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 1/2 Tbl. chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 Tbl. panko-style breadcrumbs
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbl. EVOO
- 2 Cups thinly sliced small onions
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Can diced italian tomatoes
- 2 Tbl. minced garlic
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 6 Cups baby spinach
- Olive oil cooking spray
*Recipe modified from Eating Well Magazine.
- Line a small baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Combine dill and panko in small bowl. Divide goat cheese into 4 portions; shape each into a 1-inch-wide disk. Coat the disks in the panko mix making sure the mixture sticks on each side. Transfer to the baking sheet and lightly coat the tops with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and onions, stirring, until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup water, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in spinach and the pasta; remove from heat.
- Broil the goat cheese rounds until light brown and crispy on top; 1-2 minutes. Serve each portion of pasta topped with goat cheese medallion.