I've must have pies on the brain because they are all I've wanted to make this Summer. I shared our new favorite Key Lime Pie a few weeks ago, but if I'm being honest there is nothing more Summer than a hearty fresh fruit pie.
Peaches, Blackberries, and Blueberries have been overflowing from our fridge over the last few months, and this pie has been a perfect remedy for the weeks when we didn't get around to eating it all. It is ideal for very ripe fruit!
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbl. Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 3/4 Peeled Fresh Peaches
- 3/4 BlackBerries
- 3/4 Cup Blue Berries
- Pastry for Double-Crust Pie (See Here)
- 1 Tsp. Butter
1. Make crust per directions in this post.
2. Mix sugar, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Then add to fruit and mix well. Let sit for 15 minutes, then add to pie crust.
3. Cut 10 - 12 strips of crust and lay four to five in a vertical direction across the pie. Then pull the second and fourth strip back and lay your first horizontal strip in the middle; continue this process across the pie. Pinch the ends together with the dish crust and brush with melted butter. Cover the sides with foils and then bake for 40-50 minutes.
4. Let the pie sit for 15-20 minutes to firm up and then serve with whip cream or ice cream!
I hope y'all have a great day! Thank you for stopping by!