D.I.Y. - Hair Repair with Coconut Oil
I knew coconut oil had been the "it" cooking ingredient over the last year, but I wasn't aware of all the uses it has for beauty care until recently. I had a conversation with a coworker during our 2-O'clock-tea-slump-trip-to-the-kitchen and she enlightened me on amazing mask you can make with coconut oil. I naturally asked a few more questions and then went home and slathered it all over my head. It was amazing, and my hair feels great after each treatment.
I added tea tree oil to my first mask and I'm going to try mint in next weekend's mask but know it's not a necessity; the coconut oil is amazing on its own. Enjoy!
- Coconut Oil
- Tea Tree, Mint, or Lavender Oil
- Hair Tie
1. Add coconut oil and essential oil of your choice in medium size glass bowl and mix.
2. Apply it all over your head, working it from roots to ends.
3. Twist up in a top knot and leave for 1-2 hours. You can also sit under a hair dryer for 15 minutes if you are short on time.
4. Wash hair with sulfate free shampoo and dry. (NOTE: I washed mine twice and then let it air dry overnight.)
This is quickly becoming part of my Sunday tradition. It puts so much moisture back into my locks and it is so easy.
I hope you are coming off your Fourth of July weekend gently and enjoying your Monday (as much as you can).
Linking up with the wonderful lady behind Mingle Monday, and Glossy Blonde today!