Today I'm 27! It's funny to think I'm in my late 20's; I've always been the youngest of my friends which has made it a little strange to keep getting older each year but boy am I grateful for another day on this Earth.
Last night as we celebrated with my sweet family, I couldn't help but let a big smile cover my face. Through the burning candles of my favorite birthday cake and an off-key version of Happy Birthday To You, I was overwhelmed by the many blessings God has given me. Surrounded by family, a best friend and giggling kiddos, I began to take inventory of all the things I'm grateful for and wanted to write them down (in no particular order) to ensure I remember this sweet time at 27.
1. My Faith, and the desire to know Him better
2. A dedicated husband and best friend who I get to share each day with
3. A home of my own
4. 2 little sisters + 1 little Luke who have my heart
5. A job that I'm happy to go to each day
6. Living in the state of Texas
7. Grandparents love & their endless stories
8. In-laws that have never felt like "in-laws"...They've been family from before we said "I do"
9. A 10 year old car that is still kicking
10. An understanding of what hard work can get you
11. Fresh flowers in the kitchen each week
12. 90's country music that reminds me of dancing in the living room of my childhood home
13. Patio lights for late night talks outside
14. Fresh fruit and veggies from a garden
15. A circle of girlfriends that move my heart and make me want to continue to be better
16. The first cup of coffee each morning
17. Extended family that still is there for each holiday, birthday, and milestone
18. Homemade Peach Ice Cream
19. My health and the health of my family
20. The smell and sound of rain
21. Two stepping the living room
22. Memories of fishing with my dad at the farm
23. A sweet treat of sea salt chewy carmel
24. Weekends in the country
25. Sunday afternoon naps
Cheers to making the most of the next 365 days!