Happy Friday, Love Bugs! I'm so happy this week is coming to an end! It was a busy, busy week and I'm ready for a lazy day on the couch. My Friday favorites are all from my first trip to Chicago this week. I was there for a work event (which went very well, praise God) but we also made time for a little shopping and dining! I would love to go back when it is a bit warmer, but overall it was a great first time in the windy city!
1. Dinner at RPM Italian: We had a ladies dinner at RPM on Tuesday evening and the meal was amazing! I love watching Giuliana and Bill so I wanted to make it by their restaurant while we were in Chicago. Everything from the decor to the table setting was amazing. We shared a few bottles of wine, amazing appetizers, a fantastic entree and a few desserts that were nothing less than incredible. I can't wait to take TV back there, it was just great!
2. View: Our event was at the Westin on Michigan Avenue and somehow I made it onto the top floor with a beautiful view of the "Lake". It was so neat seeing the water and city from 27 floors up; loved it!
3. John Hancock Tower Drinks: I'm not much on heights but it was so neat having drinks over the city in the Hancock Tower. My phone died before I could get a good picture, but i'm not sure it would have done it justice even if I had it.
4. Shopping on Michigan Avenue: We had a few hours to kill before our flight home which translated into shopping/browsing in the beautiful shops that line Michigan Avenue. I practiced crazy discipline and didn't buy anything but I had just as much fun looking at all the pretties that were perfectly displayed in the shops.
5. Table Fifty-Two: One of our customers at the event recommended a local favorite, Table Fifty-Two, for dinner on our last night. It was a little off the beaten path from our hotel, but boy was it worth it. This gem is located in the old carriage house of the Biggs Mansion, which survived the Great Chicago Fire, and is filled with sweet southern charm. The menu is full of favorites from the South like Fried Green Tomoatoes, Fried Chicken, and Pecan Pie. It was simple amazing and I can't wait to go back!
I hope y'all had a great week, and an even better approaching weekend! Thank you for stopping by!
See you Monday!
Linking up with Darci, April, Natasha, Christina, Lauren, Lauren, Amanda, and Jennie. Go stop by these sweet ladies spaces!