- 1 Flank Steak (About 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 Tbl. Vegetable Oil
- 3 Shallots, Peeled and Sliced Thin
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 3/4 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbl. Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbl. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbl. Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
1. Heat 1 Tbl. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. While oil heats, pat steak dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Add steak to skillet and cook for 7-9 minutes on each side, then transfer to cutting board and tent with foil.
2. Heat remaining 1 Tbl. of oil in fresh skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add sliced shallots, and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add wine, and chicken broth until slightly thickened; about 7 - 10 minutes. Move skillet off heat and stir in cream, mustard and parsley. Slice steak thinly against the grain, and spoon sauce over steak.