I made a few small tweaks to match our tastes, but it is still very similar to the original recipe. I hope you enjoy...
P.S.: Please excuse the quality of these photos....sometimes a phone is all you got around when your arm deep in chicken guts:)
What You'll Need...
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash, Cubed
- 4 Gala Apples, Pealed and Cubed
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Box Zatarains Bake & Crisp Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Cup Apple Cider
- 2 Tablespoons Spray Butter
- Salt and pepper
1. Follow the directions for the Zatarains Bake & Crisp Chicken.
2. While the chicken is cooking add the cubed butternut squash to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 8 - 10 minutes, or until slightly soft. Then toss the squash with the cubed apples on a baking sheet and set aside.
3. Add Apple Cider to a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes over high heat. Remove it from the heat and whisk in the butter and salt and pepper to taste. Then pour half the glaze over the squash mixture.
4. Bake the squash mixture on the oven's upper rack at 450 degrees (the chicken should be ready to be taken out by this point) for 12-15 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
5. Serve each chicken breast atop the squash and apples, then drizzle with remaining glaze.
Happy Wednesday, Loves! I hope yall enjoy the recipe and taste of Fall!