I found this on Spoonful.com, and loved the idea of a hot vegetarian quesadilla for a cool fall night. It was ridiculously easy to make...like my 11 year old brother could do this...and it was so hearty that one filled me up. Enjoy...
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels (About 2 Ears)
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini, Squeezed Dry
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Cups Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed (1 15 oz. Can)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 8 Flatout Flat Breads; side note these are 90 calories and just amazing (Or You Can Use Flour Tortillas)
How To Make:
1. In a large bowl, toss together corn, zucchini, cilantro, jalapeno, beans, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Once these ingredients are mixed together, stir in cheese.
3. Spray the bottom of a non stick skillet with EVOO, and warm to medium heat. Add one tortilla to skillet, fold in half, and fill the bottom half with 1/3 cup of the mixture, then fold over. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, then move to pan in oven. Repeat until mixtures is gone.
4. Cut quesadillas into wedges, and enjoy with sour cream or Greek yogurt and mango salsa!
What do you think? These are too easy not to try!