Pause. Can I tell you that I've started wanting coffee after each meal. What does that remind you of? Yes, that is correct. It reminds you of your grandparents. #OldSoul at 26...
Ok, back to my craving to bake. I was looking around our fridge to see what we had, and a few fresh Zucchini were staring me in the face. DONE. Mom used to make Zucchini and Banana Bread quite a bit growing up, and I loved it. It is simple to make, keeps well, and allows me to have veggies at breakfast. I started with a recipe from the JOY of Cooking, and modified it slightly to make it more healthy.
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini (This took about 3 medium size Zucchinis)
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Non-Sweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X5-inch loaf pan. Wisk together: Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Cinnamon.
2. In a large bowl blend the following together well: Sugar, Eggs, Apple Sauce, Vanilla, and Salt.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients. Then mix in Grated Zucchini, and Pecans.
4. Bake 45-60 minutes. When it's done the bread will pull away from the sides of the pan, and if you stick a knife in the middle of the bread, it will come out clean.
5. Cool in pan or on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Here are a few other breads with vegetables and fruits that you may like...
Linking up with The Vintage Apple!