I know there are a lot of twists on fish tacos, but this recipe is going to stick on the classic side. Enjoy...
- 1 LB Tilapia
- 1 Box Zatarain's Bake & Crisp Chicken Seasoning Mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Bag of Coleslaw Mix (Or you can use this recipe and make your own)
- 2 Avacados
- 1 Mango
- Corn Tortillas
- Garlic Salt, Salt, Pepper
- Fresh Lime Juice
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil, and a cookie rack coated in non-stick spray. Pour box of Zatarain's Bake & Crisp Pork Seasoning Mix into a gallon bag and set aside.
2.Mix milk, egg, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Cut Tilapia into strips and soak in milk mixture for 20 minutes. Take out of milk, and toss in a 1 gallon bag on the Seasoning Mix. Then lay on cookie sheet, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
3. While the Tilapia is baking, let's make the mango, guacamole, and coleslaw. Dice the two avocados and place in a bowl. Peel and dice one ripe medium mango into small pieces; add to avocados. Squeeze 1/2 lime onto the avocado/mango mixture, and top with garlic salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Cover and set in fridge. If you are using the coleslaw bag mix, simply add the cabbage to a bowl and mix with the provided sauce. Cover and set in fridge.
4. Warm tortillas, remove fish from oven, and assemble!
I'd love to hear any variations you have on this summer treat!