My next project is decorating. I'm finding that there are a lot of little pieces that come together in a house to make it feel like your home. By themselves these pieces don't stand out as necessities, but when you feel, smell, or see them all together, you know you're home.
I'm taking a room by room approach and will share the before and afters of each as they are complete. I can get very distracted with all the jewels in HomeGoods, World Market and Pier One, so I found it necessary to have an inspiration board. Below is my vision for the formal dinning room.
- Light Accent Cake Stand - Love the antique look of wire cake stands.
- Back Tab Curtains - Looking for something soft and light. Our dinning room tends to get dark so I'd love a light blue, cream design with a soft texture.
- Solid Wood Dinning Table - Love this Verona Table from World Market. The table sits 8, and has beautiful designs and curves.
- Wooden Framed Mirror - I like the look of a long mirror along the back wall of a room - makes it feel bigger.
- Buffet - Also love the Verona Buffet. Compliments the table and will be great storage for dishware, and linens.
- Candles Sticks - Good addition of light color and height.
- Fresh Floral Arrangement - I'd like to have a floral arrangement with depth and hydrangeas.
- Table Scape - Great mix of soft colors.
- Photo Frame - Would like a nice mix of frames that compliment the other decorative accents.
- Linen Chair - Our captain chairs will be fabric and light.
- Table Scape - Another great mixture of colors - great simple style.
- Bird Cage - Love the addition of an airy object.
- Candle Holders - The wire cut out design will be perfect for candle light dinners.
- Rug - Light, simple rug to break up the table and floor.