- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with a light coat of olive oil cooking spray.
- Pill Squash, and Sweet Potato. Then cut all veggies into small cubes and place in bowl.
- Toss veggies with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, and Sage, and transfer to cookie sheet. - Make sure they are spread evenly and cook until tender. (I cooked my veggies for 35-40 minutes)
- Add veggies to blender with one small box of chicken stock (15 oz or so), then puree. Depending on your blender, you may need to split this up into two batches. The end goal is to make your soup "concentrate".
- Remove half of this "concentrate" and freeze for future use.
- To the remaining half add chicken stock, water, all spices listed above. At this stage the taste and texture is up to you. I don't like thick soup, so I added around 6 cups of water, and another round of sage, salt, pepper, garlic salt, cinnamon, all spice, and brown sugar. Serve warm, or store in individual servings for future lunch or dinners.Few Tips:
- I was surprised how long it took to peel and cube the veggies. Good music, a chair, and wine will make this step better.
- The carrots, parsnips and squash can be difficult to cut, so be careful! And on second thought, scratch the wine suggestion. If you are like me, you don't need any extra help in the clumsiness department.
- If you are planning to eat this soup at a later date, store it in individual bowls. It was great to have the soup stored in lunch portions ready to eat!
Interested to hear if there are any more suggestions to ingredients!